Say a #BigThankYou with our toolkit for clubs and groups
Ever wanted to say a #BigThankYou but struggled to find the right words? Or that perfect gesture? Well this December, we’ve got you covered.
If you’re part of a local sport, recreation or physical activity group, you’ll know that it probably wouldn’t exist without the time, energy and enthusiasm of local volunteers.
Here’s your chance to show them how much you appreciate everything they do.
On the 17 December 2017, Join In and BBC Get Inspired are asking you to be part of #BigThankYou – a UK-wide celebration of the people who make sport happen.
From bunting to bubbly, you can express your gratitude any way you want. But if you need a little inspiration, here are a few ideas to get you off the mark:
Create a #BigThankYou moment
Volunteers already give plenty to keep your club or group ticking. So, rather than take up any more of their time, why not create a #BigThankYou moment during a regular meeting?
Download a #BigThankYou certificate (PDF) to present to your volunteers and then share it on social media so their dedication can be toasted far and wide.
Or if you think they’d be up for their own event, go for it! Organise a get-together and invite your community to drop by and say thanks.
Say it on social
We want this year’s #BigThankYou to be bigger than ever, so let’s get it trending on Twitter during BBC Sports Personality of the Year on the evening of 17 December.
Nobody on that red carpet would have got to where they are without the help of the UK’s volunteers and we want their gratitude to echo in every clubhouse in the country!
Here are a few #BigThankYou tweets you could use:
- #BigThankYou to all our volunteers doing the little things, that make the big things possible.
- For helping me explore my talent and my joy, a #BigThankYou to [insert volunteer Twitter handle] at [insert club/group Twitter handle].
- Our volunteers get the UK up and running – literally! They all deserve a #BigThankYou
- For allowing me to do what I love, a #BigThankYou to each and every volunteer at [insert club/group Twitter handle].
Use these resources
We’ve got a few bits and bobs below to help bring your thank you’s to life. Click on an image or the text below it to download them:
↑ #BigThankYou certificate (A4 .PDF file)
↑ #BigThankYou logo for screens (.PNG file)
↑ #BigThankYou logo for printing (larger .JPG file)
↑ #BigThankYou frame for overlaying on your social media images (.PNG file)
↑ Press release for clubs and groups hosting your own #BigThankYou event for their volunteers (Microsoft Word .DOCX file).
– And don’t forget to sign up to the Join In newsletter to be kept up to date on the #BigThankYou and all our campaigns.
– By sharing your images and Big Thank You messages on social media and email, you agree to Join In and BBC Get Inspired using these in the promotion and marketing of the Big Thank You campaign, now and in the future.