Main club details
10 Yes Volunteers needed
Pledge 1 hour a week to help people get more physically active!
Active Train require volunteer "On Board Supervisors" to support qualified "Train Drivers" and "Train Guards" with the delivery of new and exsisting Active Train groups.
Main duties of “On Board Supervisors”
· To have responsibility for activity safety, oversee proceedings during the activity and at the finish
· Encourage and support Active Train commuters.
Previous coaching qualification/ experience not necessary but must be fit enough to complete all stages of an Active Train walk/ jog route
· Free Active Train Kit
· Opportunities to receive Free Training & Qualifications to progress to “Train Drivers/Guards” & “Route Operators”.
· Coming Soon: Prize draws, vouchers and other giveaways.
About our club
Active Train is a volunteer led community of running, walking and cycling groups following major commuting train/tube lines. The project encourages more people to actively travel for all or part of their commute. An Active Train follows a train line, stopping at each station to pick up/drop off participants at specific times (just like a real train). This allows participants to jump on/off the Active Train at a train/tube stop that suits their commute.
Sports and activities
- Health and Fitness
· Lambeth Line (Walking Group): Wednesdays 7:30am from Stockwell Underground to London Waterloo
· Clapham Express (Jogging/Easy Running Group): Wednesday 6:00pm from London Waterloo to Clapham Junction.
· We are also looking for groups/ workplaces to create, setup and orperate new routes.