Main club details
10 Yes Volunteers needed
Please email Emma on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of these voluntary roles:
Project administrator, Winchester ClubHub
• Responsibilities: gathering material and drafting notices to post on the ClubHub website at www.winchesterclubhub.org. This could include useful resources for community sports clubs, information about local sporting events and classes, details of job vacancies in the local sports sector, match reports and other local news articles. The postholder could also help to promote the ClubHub via social media.
• Time commitment: 1-2 hours a week, flexible
Project officer, Inspired Generations
• Responsibilities: researching Winchester’s sporting history through networking, interviews and exploration of archives. The postholder will be required to document all research, and may also draft materials for editing and publication. The postholder could also support one or more of our Sporting Memories Groups (run in partnership with the Sporting Memories Network), subject to a DBS check and informal interview.
• Time commitment: c.2 hours a week, flexible, for research activities (support to Sporting Memories Groups would be additional)
Marketing officer, Winchester Community Games
• Responsibilities: helping to promote this free community sports and arts festival to potential stallholders / activity providers and the general public. This will include supporting the Chief Executive in liaising with providers, as well as marketing the event on social media and through flyer distribution. The postholder could also draft publicity material and press releases.
• Time commitment: c.10-15 hours in the weeks prior to and just after the event (September)
Marketing officer, Children of Winchester Festival (COWfest)
• Responsibilities: helping to promote this free children’s and young people’s arts festival to potential stallholders / activity providers and the general public. This will include supporting the Chief Executive in liaising with providers, as well as marketing the event on social media and through flyer distribution. The postholder could also draft website content, publicity material and press releases.
Time commitment: c.10-15 hours in the weeks prior to and just after the event (February)
About our club
The Winchester Sport Art and Leisure Trust (Winchester SALT) was established as a charitable trust in July 2014. In January 2016, Winchester SALT became a foundation Charitable Incorporated Organisation (charity no 1165047).
Winchester SALT's charitable objects encompass the promotion of community participation in healthy recreation and of the arts. We undertake all our projects in partnership with other organisations and with the support of local volunteers.
We have a small core team of 3 trustees and a Chief Executive, all of whom are volunteers.
We are looking for several additional volunteers to join our team and support our exciting project portfolio. You will need a couple of spare hours a week (on average), and access to a computer and internet connection at home. No stipend is paid, but expenses approved in advance will be reimbursed.
In addition, every September we run the Winchester Community Games. This is a FREE community sports and arts festival, with lots of 'have a go' activities for all to enjoy. We are seeking marshals for this event, which will be held on Sunday 17th September, 2017. (See details below.)
- Hosting & welcoming
- Marketing & promotion
- Media relations & PR
- Website management
Winchester Community Games 2017
Sunday 17th September
(Volunteers needed any time from 9am onwards)