Join In #BigThankYou Call Nominations – Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions are the Nominations rules (the “Rules”) that apply to the Join In Nominations (the “Nominations”).
- The Nominations are organised by the Sport and Recreation Alliance, Burwood House, 14-16 Caxton St, London, SW1H 0QT .
- These Rules will apply unless otherwise expressly stated or varied by the Sport and Recreation Alliance.
- A copy of these Rules will be posted on the Join In UK website at joininuk.org (the “Join In Website”).
- Sport and Recreation Alliance reserves the right to cancel the Nominations or to amend these Rules at any time without notice. Notification of cancellation or any amendment(s) will be posted on the Join In Website.
- Any queries about the Nominations or these Rules should be directed in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules or otherwise relating to the Nominations, the decision of the Sport and Recreation Alliance will be final.
Nominator and Nominee
- A person (the ‘Nominator’) participates in the Nominations by:
Completing an online digital nomination form entitled ‘Nominate a volunteer (the ‘Nominee’) to be in with a chance of receiving a Big Thank You call’ prior to the Closing Date (as defined below).
- The online digital form will be accessible through a link in an email sent on Thursday 10 November 2016 and through Join In’s Twitter and Facebook feeds.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Nominations.
- The Nominee must:
(i) be an individual involved in a sporting and physical activity
(ii) help amateurs participate in a sport or physical activity
(iii) offer help that does not form part of their job or take place at their place of work
(iv) help voluntarily with no financial reward
(v) in the opinion of the person nominating (the Nominator) be deserving of a Big Thank You call
(vi) not bring Sport and Recreation Alliance into disrepute
(vii) have consented to be nominated.
- By entering the Nominations, Nominator and Nominee agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The Nominations are open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over except employees (and their families) of the Sport and Recreation Alliance, and any affiliates or subsidiary companies, as well as representatives or agents of the Sport and Recreation Alliance, and anyone else who may be directly or indirectly involved or connected with the operation of the Nominations. Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Sport and Recreation Alliance.
- The Sport and Recreation Alliance reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Nominator or Nominees. The Sport and Recreation Alliance further reserves the right to disqualify any Nominator or Nominees if, in the opinion of the Sport and Recreation Alliance, such Nominator or Nominee has breached any of these Rules or otherwise acted improperly or dishonestly.
- Entries must be made by no later than Sunday 11th December 2016 (the “Closing Date”). After the Closing Date, no Nominations entries will be permitted.
- Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt by the Sport and Recreation Alliance. The Sport and Recreation Alliance will not accept responsibility for failing to receive any entry by the Closing Date as a result of delay, loss or corruption of data, failure in delivery, transmission or otherwise (howsoever caused). Illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will be disqualified.
- Each Nominator can make a maximum of one entry to the Nominations.
- 15 Nominees will be selected at random by the Sport and Recreation Alliance to be in with a chance to receive a phone call or a video call from a sport personality on the night of Sports Personality of the Year programme broadcasted on BBC, on 18th December 2016. (the ‘Prize’).
- There is no guarantee that the selected 15 Nominees will receive a call or a video call from a sport personality on 18th December 2016 or at any time after that date.
- The Sport and Recreation Alliance’s selection will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The 15 Nominees who won the Prize will be notified by email after the Closing Date.
- No Prize will be awarded to any Nominee who, in the opinion of the Sport and Recreation Alliance, has breached any of these Rules or otherwise acted improperly or dishonestly.
- The Sport and Recreation Alliance shall have no liability whatsoever for any costs, expenses or losses incurred by any Nominator or Nominee as a result of his or her participation in the Nominations.
- Nominators and Nominees, by entering the Nominations, consent to the processing of his/her personal data by the Sport and Recreation Alliance for the operation of the Nominations and as otherwise provided for pursuant to these Rules. The Sport and Recreation Alliance will use the personal information provided by or obtained about a Nominator and a Nominee for administering the Nominations and to ensure compliance with these Rules. Nominators and Nominees have the right to receive a copy of the personal data that the Sport and Recreation Alliance holds about them (a small fee will be payable) and to correct any inaccuracies in their personal data.
- The Sport and Recreation Alliance will not accept any liability whatsoever for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by a Nominator and a Nominee as a result of entering the Nominations or accepting any prize.
- Nominators and Nominees hereby agree that the name and town/city of residence of each of the prize winners may be published on the Join In Website. A list of prize winners can be obtained from the the Sport and Recreation Alliance upon request by sending a SAE to the Sport and Recreation Alliance.
- Nominators and Nominees may be requested to take part in publicity or other such promotional activities of Join In relating to the Nominations and the Sport and Recreation Alliance reserves the right to use each prize winner’s name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Nominations in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any nominators or nominees for such use, and to sub-licence such right to its sponsors, partners and other relevant third parties on the same basis.
- Events may occur that render the Nominations themselves or the awarding of the Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Sport and Recreation Alliance and accordingly the Sport and Recreation Alliance may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Nominations and Nominators and Nominees agree that no liability shall attach to the Sport and Recreation Alliance as a result.
- The Nominations and these Rules are governed by English law.